2018-February I Love Lucee

Seen something interesting in the Lucee or CFML community this month? Post it here!

lucille-quick-review

PS. As always I love Lucee is a quick review of Lucee and CFML happenings in general!

We are working to improve our response time for GitHub pulls. Thank you to all who contribute to the Lucee code!

This week’s Lucee video is on Ordered Structures.

Order structs allow you to keep the order of the elements as they have been added to the structure. This is helpful when the order of elements in a structure is important in your application. For example storing months, days, names, and so on.

Here is this week’s video tutorial on synchronized components:

Synchronized components is an easy way to make your component thread safe. A synchronized component can be accessed by multiple threads without any harm to the components’ shared scopes (variables), because only one thread can access the component at time.

1 Like

This week’s Lucee tutorial video is on Soft and Weak Structures. Check it out here:

Soft structs allow you to store elements in a struct that will not exist for the entire lifetime of the struct. The Garbage Collector can remove these elements if it runs out of memory. Weak references can be removed by the Garbage Collector at any time for no reason.

PS. these structure types are available in all Lucee versions, and were eventually added to ACF in v2016

1 Like

@mael94420 pointed us to a link discussing soft and weak structs that I thought was worth sharing :wink:

Here is this week’s Lucee tutorial video. This video shows you how to build Lucee on your local machine:

This video shows you how to build Lucee on your local machine.