VSCode CFMLEditor Extension

Last night I discovered the CFMLEditor extension for VSCode, which is a maintained fork of the CFML extension by KamasamaK.

I’ve been wanting a .cfs support for some time now, and last night after looking at the source code of the extension I opened a PR, which was improved upon by @ghedwards and pulled in to the cfmleditor extension.

I disabled the old extension and installed the new one. Thanks Gareth!

You can get it from CFML Editor - Visual Studio Marketplace or simply run the following command in the Command Pallet in VSCode:

ext install CFMLEditor.cfmleditor
9 Likes

Thanks for the tip! :heart:
I’ve also been using it for several weeks and it works very well.

I had it added two days ago to the official Lucee documentation.

3 Likes

One thing I noticed long ago with the KamasamaK extension – and I just confirmed this is true as well with Gareth’s fork – is that with .cfs files, color syntax highlighting is not active until a comment is added at the very top of the file. I assume that’s because of the missing <cfscript> tag.

Are you sure that you have the latest version from ~12 hours ago? It works for me:

Yes it is v0.6.19 which added the .cfs support. I installed and tested it just prior to my comment. I decided to consider it a feature as it reminds me to start with a comment block which is a best practice anyways. :slightly_smiling_face: Just mentioned it in case anyone else experiences that same behavior.

2 Likes

Does anyone know is it possible to turn on suggestions for methods? Like .keyExists() for struct, .append(), .isEmpty() and other

That’s an opened issue

3 Likes