Who is the "Iris committee"

That’s fine. I’ll get my CIA friends to pick you up later in the day. They have a nice holiday facility they’ll invite you to :smile:

That links awesome ! Where did you come across it ?

It was posted by Micha in another post or in the google groups. I don’t remember at the moment. I try to read all of these places to stay up on what is happening with Lucee.

Ta, I can never manage to stay on top of Discourse-based threads for very long :slight_smile:

Mark was voter 6 in functions and for the rest voter 8.

I shall have to read what I voted and change my mind!

I think you mean I was voter 6 in TAGS and 8 in the rest?

I gotta ask… wouldn’t it be better not to show who said what? just for the sake of taking prejudice out of the equation.

why does it matter who said what?

there are people who see your name and immediately have an opinion about the message even before reading it. I’m sure it’s the same for my messages.

the approach to scientific studies is “doubly blind”, where the assessors of the results know as little as possible about the subjects their studying, and for good reason.

as a side note: I was referred to as Mr. Red in Adam’s blog post about a conversation from the Iris committee. I thought, until recently, that the reason you went all “Reservoir Dogs” on that blog post was in order to have people judge the comments on their merits, rather than their authors. I understand now that it may have been due to some NDAs that you thought were in place.

Oh sure, that was not my point. I was taking the piss out of the brain fart which seemed to take place in that different people had different numbers on different pages. Which doesn’t seem… that clever, all things considered.

It was both. I couldn’t say, and I also didn’t want to influence the presentation of the information. But mostly cos I thought it would be slightly amusing, if I’m honest. I have a fairly “enhanced” sense of the absurd :wink:

That said, it wasn’t so much I thought NDAs were in place, I signed an NDA. There was one in place. Hence me waiting until all the relevant information was in the public domain, and after I consulted with ppl about the legal position of same, before I actively admitted to anything. I might be a prick, but I’m an honest prick, and I take my obligations in that area seriously.

Adam

+1 for honesty…

Haha. Surprised you didn’t go “+1 for prick” :wink:

Adam