WebSockets in the wild

Hi,

I have spent some time looking at using WebSockets with Lucee via the websocket extension.

It took me a while to get this working. It looks like it will not work with commandbox, so I set it up on a windows machine using IIS. This post helped greatly with this:
https://lucee.daemonite.io/t/troubleshooting-lucee-websockets-with-iis-and-arr/2687/3

I have come up against a few quirky issues so far with WebsocketRegister() where it kills the websocket if it is called more than once:

I was wondering if anybody is actually using this on a production site? If so, do they have any advice or things to look out for before I go to far down this path…???

Are there any alternatives to this extension? I have not been able to find anything obvious, but was not sure if there some Java that could be used for this?

Thanks,

Martin

I am using it on production, but I have to say that it does not work very well. My webhooks run polls when the webhook connections can’t be established, so I’m not relying on them to work 100% of the time. @isapir is aware of the issues and I think it’s best to work with him on it directly through the github page for the extension. My guess is that the issues would be relatively easy to fix and all that is needed is some $$ to pay him to dig into it. You could also look at 3rd party, external web hook solutions like the AWS API gateway. Amazon API Gateway | API Management | Amazon Web Services, and there are others.

@Redtopia Thanks for the insight. :+1:

6 posts were split to a new topic: Websocket extension and CommandBox