Upload max file size, need to increase

All is very strange ,
I succeeded to upload a 9Mo file,
Then I tried a 18Mo file : Error : bad gateway
I tried again the file of 9Mo , and this time I get this Timeout message :
|Message|request /audio_plantes/admin/plante_modif_go.cfm (/var/www/C010/site/audio_plantes/admin/plante_modif_go.cfm) has run into a timeout (timeout: 50 seconds) and has been stopped. The thread started 51391ms ago.|

All parameters are set to 600 for the timeout, and Lucee says that the timeout is of 50sec.

Thanks for help, advise, ideas …
Who is limiting the timeout, and the max file upload ?
I think, I need to understand how linux,Apache,Tomcat,Lucee works together ?
Who is doing what, is there a guide line for this ?
Thanks, Pierre.

Pierre.

@Pierre_Larde… we will figure that out. Just keep trying. I can tell you that Lucee is capable of doing big file uploads. Distrokid.com runs with Lucee and they really have a high volume of uploads.

Somehow it looks like your Lucee request setting is not being honored. Can you try setting the Lucee request timeout in the admin at server level for testing? Do the following: Log into your Lucee Server Admin and go to Settings => Request and set your Request Timeout there.

Also…
Is it possible that your server is receiving the data sometimes with a slow connection, slowly or with delays? E.g. if your client (browser) connection has a slow upload or some delays, or your servers performance or connection is slow, then it is very possible that Lucee may timeout. Lucee will simply need more time to receive the binary file data from the browser. I suspect the sporadic changes between upload success and timeout is a sign for that.

Please try setting the timout in the admin and let us know.

I am very glad. All is better.
I put the timeout to 5 minutes , in the Lucee Admin.
And that was the place which is the right parameter, the only place where the timeout of 50sec was return in the error messages.
So now, I tried, 9Mo, 18Mo, 21Mo, all passed throught with success.
This is good and enough for the site willing upload mp3 files (20Mo max is good for this site)
Thanks a lot.
I will try a 50Mo, just to make sure parameters are all set correctly.
Nevermind, my need is now solved.
Pierre.

2 Likes

I still have a question :
Why is the Lucee Admin Timeout parameter has priority
against the cfml code : cfsetting requesttimeout = β€œ600”
This code is in the upload page. And do not affect the timeout.
It take the Lucee admin parameter

Thanks for answer, idea, reason ?
Pierre.