Upgrade from Lucee 5 beta to first real release

Hi,
will it be possible to upgrade Form Lucee 5 beta to first real release via the admin vor without mich hassle and risk?
If so i would upgrade Form railo to Lucee 5 beta now, if not stay with railo and upgrade later.
But upgrading is tempting.
Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

currently you can’t install upgrades to Lucee 5 (5.0.49) from within the admin. That’s a technical limitation at this point only that I assume will go away at a later stage. If this admin-based upgrade will be only enabled after the first real release or if that will come earlier as part of the alpha/beta cycle, I’m not entirely sure.

Right now that means the only way to get the latest version of Lucee 5 would be to build it from scratch with the documented build process.

If you’re on Railo now, I’d recommend to upgrade from Railo to Lucee 4.5.1 - that’ll be a very easy step to make.

Cheers
Kai> Hi,

will it be possible to upgrade Form Lucee 5 beta to first real release via the admin vor without mich hassle and risk?
If so i would upgrade Form railo to Lucee 5 beta now, if not stay with railo and upgrade later.
Thorsten

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/efb0b2cf-facd-4192-8e0a-9148f3dff341%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

It seems like an additional alternative to consider would be to move from
Railo to Lucee 4.x in the near term to take advantage of the improvements
and fixes made on the Lucee fork, then move from Lucee 4.x to Lucee 5 when
it has become feature complete and stable. Two small steps in this case
might be simpler (and possibly better for other reasons) than one, possibly
much bigger, single step at some point in the future.

Someone from the Lucee team will have to address the likelihood of there
being an admin-based update path from Railo to Lucee v5, but that feels
fairly unlikely to me.On Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 12:23:46 AM UTC-6, thorste...@googlemail.com wrote:

Hi,
will it be possible to upgrade Form Lucee 5 beta to first real release via
the admin vor without mich hassle and risk?
If so i would upgrade Form railo to Lucee 5 beta now, if not stay with
railo and upgrade later.
Thorsten