Some input on queryfilter

Hey everyone - I’m working on a script that allows the user to look up a real estate company that is in the DB. I’m using javascript fetch to send a string to my cfc. The functions access is set to remote and the data is coming through.

The way I worked the function is to do an initial query with a cachedwithin for 5 minutes to hold all the data, which is only about 200 companies. I’m trying to use queryFilter, instead of QoQ but I’m getting no love. Here’s the code:

remote any function getOffice(required string char)
	output=false returnformat='json'{

local.q;
		local.returnArr = [];

local.str = arguments.char;

query name="local.q" cachedwithin="# createTimespan(0, 0, 5, 0) #"
	  		  sql="

SELECT DISTINCT d.referral_paid_to as agent, d.state, d.referred_by as company,    d.referral_agent_email as email,
		                d.referral_agent_phone as cellphone, d.referral_address as officeaddress, d.referral_city as officecity, 
		                d.referral_state as officestate, d.referral_zip_code as officezip,
		                s.state_desc
		FROM debtor d
		JOIN states s ON d.state = s.state_abbrev
		ORDER BY state, company, agent

";
          // HERE IS THE CODE THAT IS NOT PERFORMING
	  local.filtered = queryFilter(local.q, function(fld){
	  	return fld.company.findnocase('#local.str#')
	  } )

The error I’m getting is this:

As an experiment I ran the followiong

local.filtered = queryFilter(local.q, function(fld){
	  	return fld.company.findnocase('char')
	  } )

That gave me the result I was looking for, but obviously I can’t hard code in the string.

Any ideas?

Java Version: 1.8.0_152
Tomcat Version: 9.0.8
Lucee Version: Lucee 5.3.7.15-SNAPSHOT

Have you tried a different variable name - something else besides “local.str”? I wonder if str is a reserved word?

I did try to get it right out of the arguments scope, as in findnocase(arguments.char). But nothing else. I’ll give it shot though.

Nope, didn’t work. Same error. key[TESTSTRING] doesn’t exist.

Your problem is that local is local to the closure function and not the local.str that you are trying to reference. Pass it in or scope it differently.

2 Likes

@Leftbower

That was the issue. Thanks!