SOAP web service

Hello all,

i am new to lucee so please bear with me on this one.

I have a simple SOPA LITE web service written in .php and i want to do the same with lucee. The web service has 2 functions. First function sends something to my server and writes the info into the mysql table. The second function calls the web service, reads something from mysql table and sends the result/results back to the client.

For example:

1. calls web service, increment collumn ID by 1 and writes it back to the table.
  2. calls web service to check the last number of collumn ID in a table and sends it to client.

In the end my goal is to send multiple records from a client and write all of them into a mysql table. I assume the easiest way of sending multiple records would be with creating an xml file and sending that file to a web service which would than write everything into a mysql table.

Can somoene please points me into the right direction?

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
HEki

p.s. if it helps, i can also post php code that i have now for reading and writting …

Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!

Java Version: 1.8.0_271-b09
Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.11
Lucee Version: 5.3.7.47

You may want to look up the CFHTTP tag.
GET method is to retrieve data from a web service / API endpoint (as the name suggests)
POST is the opposite (again, the name says it all)
then, you may also want to look up CFHTTPparam (subtag in relation to CFHTTP ).

So, this is RESTful but one shouldn’t care that much about SOUP vs REST

edit: I should have added, the above is for the API / web service caller, but the API / web service itself, create a component ( cfcomponent or component under cfscript ) with 2 functions ( one for pushing data back to the caller and the other for capturing data sent by the caller ) should suffice.
But, if you want extra security you can also set up a Gateway in the middle easily as well. And I wrote a piece on how to do it.

Thank you! I’ll look it up.

Regards.