Server time zone unrecognized (JDBC Driver configuration)

Just tried to upgrade from lucee 5.2.9.31 to lucee-5.3.2.77.jar (by stopping service, replacing the jar and then restarting the service). I received the following Application Error for;

OS Windows Server 2012 R2 (6.3) 64bit|
Apache Tomcat/8.0.28
Java 1.8.0_192 (Oracle Corporation) 64bit

Error-Message:

Error Occurred While Processing Request
The server time zone value ‘Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit’ is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

Stack Trace (click to expand)
lucee.runtime.exp.DatabaseException: The server time zone value ‘Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit’ is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:129)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:97)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:89)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:63)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:73)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:76)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:835)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.(ConnectionImpl.java:455)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:240)
at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:199)
at lucee.runtime.db.DataSourceSupport._getConnection(DataSourceSupport.java:110)
at lucee.runtime.db.DataSourceSupport.getConnection(DataSourceSupport.java:91)
at lucee.runtime.db.DatasourceConnectionPool.loadDatasourceConnection(DatasourceConnectionPool.java:134)
at lucee.runtime.db.DatasourceConnectionPool.getDatasourceConnection(DatasourceConnectionPool.java:101)
at lucee.runtime.db.DatasourceManagerImpl.getConnection(DatasourceManagerImpl.java:73)
at lucee.runtime.tag.Query.executeDatasoure(Query.java:1038)
at lucee.runtime.tag.Query._doEndTag(Query.java:655)
at lucee.runtime.tag.Query.doEndTag(Query.java:537)
at application_cfm$cf.call(/application.cfm:46)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:942)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:834)
at lucee.runtime.listener.ClassicAppListener._onRequest(ClassicAppListener.java:55)
at lucee.runtime.listener.ClassicAppListener.onRequest(ClassicAppListener.java:47)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2409)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._execute(PageContextImpl.java:2399)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.executeCFML(PageContextImpl.java:2374)
at lucee.runtime.engine.Request.exe(Request.java:43)
at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl._service(CFMLEngineImpl.java:1037)
at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineImpl.java:983)
at lucee.loader.engine.CFMLEngineWrapper.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineWrapper.java:97)
at lucee.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(CFMLServlet.java:51)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:291)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:239)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:217)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:106)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:142)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:88)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:518)
at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AbstractAjpProcessor.process(AbstractAjpProcessor.java:844)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:673)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1500)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1456)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

In Lucees Server Admin when I edit the DSN of the MariaDB, I can see that the timezone is set to be “the same as lucees instance”.

MariaDB is configured to:
@@global.time_zone: SYSTEM
@@session.time_zone: SYSTEM

Found some advices googling around, but I’m simply not sure enough.

I could edit and set the applications DSN to timezone of Berlin in lucees server admin, or should I better configure MariaDB for another global tiime zone? Why did it work without such a setting before?

Can somebody indicate some direction? Would appreciate it a lot. Thanks in advance.

You could restart the service, which will sync the time with the host OS.

Or you can run the following commands

mysql> select now()
mysql> SET GLOBAL time_zone = ‘SYSTEM’;

Thanks for your answer Terry. Unfortunately that didn’t solve the problem. Restarting service didn’t neither. Setting the timezone in the DSN configuration inside the server administrator didn’t work also. In my opinion it is the same issue as described in LDEV-1780.

Just wanted to upgrade from lucee-5.2.9.31 to lucee-5.3.2.77 because of a scheduler issue LDEV-1951 and now I’m having the issue with DSN timezone. Guess I’ll have to wait RC 5.3.3.60 to be released for production.