Search Collection folders not Creating Properly

We have a few of servers setup running Lucee 4.5.5.

We have Search collections setup on them and all is fine.

We have setup a new server (exact mirrors of the other servers), however are having trouble setting up the search collections.

If we create a search collection (for example cmssearch_45), then do a search on this collection, we receive error “collection cmssearch_45 is undefined”.

On investigation, and comparing with collections on other servers that do work, we have can see that the collection is not being created properly.

Server working creates collection folder (inside the location we specify) CFcmssearch_45950. This folder also contains two folders “custom” and “custom_1_spell”.

However, the Server NOT working creates collection folder (inside the location we specify) CFcmssearch_45950. BUT this folder DOES NOT contain two folders “custom” and “custom_1_spell”… it is empty.

So the problem seems to be that only the CFcmssearch_45950 folder is being created, but not the necessary folders under it.

Folder permissions etc. are fine and the same across instances…

Any advice on what may be causing this failure to create the collection properly, or even how we can further trouble shoot it would be hugely appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.

Jason

Can you state exact version of 4.5 and OS?

HI Zac, Sure!

Lucee 4.5.5.006 final

OS is Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS (trusty).

Thanks!

I had a similar problem over the last few days but solved it by moving my code from a scheduled task run on the server into code in my actual application. The collection folder was created but empty until the indexing worked.

I know this is from 5 years ago but I thought I would put this here in case it helps someone else.