Scheduled task continues running past the specified end date

Env: latest stable version of Lucee running on Windows server, IIS
My scheduled tasks are defined in the default web context. I setup one task with start/end dates, and it continued to run well past the end date. I paused it, so it’s not a big deal, but I thought y’all would like to know about it.
Keep up the great work!
Cheers.

@David_Anderson If the scheduled task has run continuously even after passing the end date/time means I am sure it’s a bug.
Can you please provide bit more details like the start, end date/time and interval?

sure – it was a task I set up to run from sometime in March through April 1, running daily. It was not a long-running task; it would typically just take a few seconds to run a query and fire off an email. I finally realized today (6 weeks after the task should’ve stopped running) that I shouldn’t still be getting these emails, and assumed I must’ve messed up the task definition. But no - it appears to be setup correctly to run daily with valid start and end dates.

@David_Anderson If possible can you please provide the configuration details about the scheduled task (WEB-INF\lucee\scheduler\scheduler.xml) file

sure! here’s the relevant entry. note that it’s paused only because I paused it after discovering it was still running 6 weeks after its end date.

<task autoDelete=“false”
endDate=“{d ‘2022-04-01’}”
hidden=“false”
interval=“daily”
name=“emailRpt”
paused=“true”
port=“8888”
proxyHost=“”
proxyPassword=“”
proxyPort=“0”
proxyUser=“”
publish=“false”
readonly=“false”
resolveUrl=“false”
startDate=“{d ‘2022-03-16’}”
startTime=“{t ‘05:00:00’}”
timeout=“50000”
unique=“false”
url=“http://127.0.0.1:8888/tasks/emailRpt-daily.cfm
/>

Which version of lucee? Always mention that!

I agree that’s important info, and that’s why the very first thing I said was “latest stable on Windows” etc. But that was still an error on my part, because I didn’t know I had a pending update to 5.3.9. This one’s on 5.3.8.206.