Rename site without restarting Tomcat

Basically no. If you edit server.xml you MUST restart Tomcat.

What you want to do is what @Jordan_Michaels wanted to achieve and he came uo with the idea to create mod_cfml.

https://viviotech.github.io/mod_cfml/

1 Like

Thanks Andreas, for this information.

I have just checked my server.xml and I see that my mod_cfml valve has been commented out.

If I uncomment this, do you think, it would have any adverse effects, after I restart Tomcat?
I figure one more restart is worth it, if it means no more subsequent restarts.
I presume after this, I just need to update/add bindings in IIS, and these changes will be passed to Tomcat, via the mod_cfml valve? Oh what joy! :slightly_smiling_face:

To install mod_cfml you need to do various things. If you install Lucee with the installer, you’ll be asked for having it installed. Because you have the mod_,cfml commened out, I suppose it’s not fully installed. You may need to check/adapt the boncode settings and some more. Please check the mod_,cfml documentation for that

Please consider that mod_cfml is still shipped with Lucee installers, but there have been some issues that started with some patches that have been applied to Tomcarmay appear in your environement. Because @Jordan_Michaels stopped developing mod_cfml I’m not sure you’ll have some of the unresolved issues. But… if you have it installed and it works, then ot works.

Hi Andreas

I decided not to use mod_cfml, as it has always caused issues for me, in the past.

Instead I found another way of achieving my objective.
I have written about it, here: