Recursive error log problem

Hello,

I’m migrating from ACF9 to Lucee 5 and everything is going ok, but, I have a big problem.

When Lucee fails in every way, Error logging proceeds to log a lot of identical errors, if i want to stop it I need to restart the apache service.

Any idea why Lucee is doing that? How can I fix it?

Tomcat Version: /9.0.20
Lucee Version: Lucee 5.3.2.77

Can you elaborate on what sort of errors?

“Severity”,“ThreadID”,“Date”,“Time”,“Application”,“Message”
“ERROR”,“ajp-nio-8009-exec-3”,“02/25/2020”,“10:19:23”,“”,";function VerifyClient is not supported;lucee.runtime.exp.FunctionNotSupported: function VerifyClient is not supported
at lucee.runtime.functions.other.VerifyClient.call(VerifyClient.java:28)
at rp_impuestos_mensuales_cfm$cf.call(/Rp_Impuestos_Mensuales.cfm:1)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:942)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:834)
at lucee.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener._onRequest(ModernAppListener.java:216)
at lucee.runtime.listener.MixedAppListener.onRequest(MixedAppListener.java:42)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2409)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._execute(PageContextImpl.java:2399)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.executeCFML(PageContextImpl.java:2374)
at lucee.runtime.engine.Request.exe(Request.java:43)
at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl._service(CFMLEngineImpl.java:1037)
at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineImpl.java:983)
at lucee.loader.engine.CFMLEngineWrapper.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineWrapper.java:97)
at lucee.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(CFMLServlet.java:51)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:741)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:53)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:200)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:490)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:139)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:92)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:74)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:343)
at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.service(AjpProcessor.java:394)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:836)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1839)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
"

Can you post the stacktrace as text? Those are two distinct different errors?

(also your quoted Lucee version doesn’t match the error? 5.3.4.77 vs 5.3.2.77)

Sorry, I edited the last reply, and i think yes, those are two distinct different errors. One is the function of the email sender but I think that is the timeout.

And I’m using 2 versions of Lucee too, well, different servers, I just mixed the info. Sorry, edited that too.

as per the stacktrace, verifyClient simply isn’t implemented/supported in Lucee

I’ve filed a bug and a PR to update the function definition to mark it as such in the docs.

https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-2720

I know that, but thats not the problem, the problem is that a simple error like that or undefined variable or whatever, the error log proceeds to log a lot of identical error, like hundered of times.

With that, the email sender sends like hundred of emails with the same error.

do you mean 100s of times from a single request or 100s of times due to traffic hit a page which crashes?

Thats why I’m asking, I don’t know whats happening.

100s of time sfrom a single request, I think the page is trying to redirect to the same page, but I don’t know how to fix that.

What do your the webserver logs say?

If you call that page locally in dev (i.e no other traffic except you), what happens?

It crashes, its suppose to dump the stacktrace error but it never shows anything, just keeps loading, I can’t stop that and if I close the tab the process remain. To stop it i need to restart the server.

<cferror
    type="exception"
    template="/catch.cfm"
    />

—catch.cfm

<cfif structKeyExists(application, “Desarrollo”) and application.Desarrollo>
#errDump#

Sounds like you have an error in your own error handling logic which is throwing an error, which is triggering the buggy error handling logic.

that can always lead to bizarre recursive problems

1 Like

Yeah, now sounds like a bizarre recursive problem. I’m going to check my code. I’ll tell you I find out what is causing it. Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Found it already.

This is the new error, and the author of the 100s emails.

lucee.runtime.exp.NativeException: Could not initialize class org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedHttpClientConnectionFactory at org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager$InternalConnectionFactory.(PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.java:600) at org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.(PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.java:179) at lucee.runtime.tag.Http.ssl(Http.java:1383) at lucee.runtime.tag.Http._doEndTag(Http.java:701) at lucee.runtime.tag.Http.doEndTag(Http.java:685) at sistema.cfc.funcionesgenerales_cfc$cf.udfCall4(/sistema/cfc/FuncionesGenerales.cfc:1475) at sistema.cfc.funcionesgenerales_cfc$cf.udfCall(/sistema/cfc/FuncionesGenerales.cfc) at lucee.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106) at lucee.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:342) at lucee.runtime.type.UDFImpl.callWithNamedValues(UDFImpl.java:205) at lucee.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:683) at lucee.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:570) at lucee.runtime.ComponentImpl.callWithNamedValues(ComponentImpl.java:1937) at lucee.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:846) at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunctionWithNamedValues(PageContextImpl.java:1726) at catch_cfm$cf.call(/catch.cfm:44) at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:942) at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:834) at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:827) at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:1996) at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:1960) at lucee.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener.onError(ModernAppListener.java:431) at lucee.runtime.listener.MixedAppListener.onError(MixedAppListener.java:123) at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2429) at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._execute(PageContextImpl.java:2399) at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.executeCFML(PageContextImpl.java:2374) at lucee.runtime.engine.Request.exe(Request.java:43) at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl._service(CFMLEngineImpl.java:1037) at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineImpl.java:983) at lucee.loader.engine.CFMLEngineWrapper.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineWrapper.java:97) at lucee.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(CFMLServlet.java:51) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:741) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:231) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:166) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:200) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:96) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:490) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:139) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:92) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:74) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:343) at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.service(AjpProcessor.java:394) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:66) at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:836) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1839) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.http.impl.conn.ManagedHttpClientConnectionFactory … 50 more

Ty.

no worries!

Can you update the title to Recursive error log problem, just to help anyone else facing the same problem again?