NoClassDefFound error when using cfhttp after update to 4.5.2

So I updated my server to the latest dev release and also updated the JARs
that were listed to fix LDEV-429. I got the impression that updating those
JARs were necessary in the long run but now I wonder.

I have a site that makes use of and and now errors where
those tags are used. The bit might be unrelated but it did seem to
fail during the same timeframe (haven’t pursued it as of yet). is
erroring with NoClassDefFound
org/apache/http/client/methods/HttpRequestBase.

I’m wondering if by updating the JARs, I’ve twisted something up.

I tried reverting back to 4.5.1.022 and still had the same errors. Left the
updated JARs at the moment. Now 4.5.2 isn’t available for update anymore in
the dev section of the updater. My next step would be to revert the JARs.

So now, I’m running Lucee 4.5.1.022 on CentOS 6.6 / Tomcat 8.0.23 / Java
8u45 / Nginx.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I think you also have to replace this jar
too: https://github.com/lucee/Lucee4/blob/master/lucee-java/libs/apache-commons-httpcore.jar

This is from an older fix: https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-292On Friday, 17 July 2015 09:48:23 UTC+3, Tony Junkes wrote:

So I updated my server to the latest dev release and also updated the JARs
that were listed to fix LDEV-429. I got the impression that updating
those JARs were necessary in the long run but now I wonder.

I have a site that makes use of and and now errors where
those tags are used. The bit might be unrelated but it did seem to
fail during the same timeframe (haven’t pursued it as of yet). is
erroring with NoClassDefFound
org/apache/http/client/methods/HttpRequestBase.

I’m wondering if by updating the JARs, I’ve twisted something up.

I tried reverting back to 4.5.1.022 and still had the same errors. Left
the updated JARs at the moment. Now 4.5.2 isn’t available for update
anymore in the dev section of the updater. My next step would be to
revert the JARs.

So now, I’m running Lucee 4.5.1.022 on CentOS 6.6 / Tomcat 8.0.23 / Java
8u45 / Nginx.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Try deleting the compiled classes ?

TomOn Friday, July 17, 2015 at 7:48:23 AM UTC+1, Tony Junkes wrote:

So I updated my server to the latest dev release and also updated the JARs
that were listed to fix LDEV-429. I got the impression that updating
those JARs were necessary in the long run but now I wonder.

I have a site that makes use of and and now errors where
those tags are used. The bit might be unrelated but it did seem to
fail during the same timeframe (haven’t pursued it as of yet). is
erroring with NoClassDefFound
org/apache/http/client/methods/HttpRequestBase.

I’m wondering if by updating the JARs, I’ve twisted something up.

I tried reverting back to 4.5.1.022 and still had the same errors. Left
the updated JARs at the moment. Now 4.5.2 isn’t available for update
anymore in the dev section of the updater. My next step would be to
revert the JARs.

So now, I’m running Lucee 4.5.1.022 on CentOS 6.6 / Tomcat 8.0.23 / Java
8u45 / Nginx.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Whoever wants can give the url that has the problem in order to try it
myself(PM if the url can not be given in public.

I am on the latest version with updated jars, and so far it has solved all
my previous problems regarding cfhttp and connection failure errors.On Friday, 17 July 2015 20:04:07 UTC+3, Tony Junkes wrote:

I think you also have to replace this jar too:

https://github.com/lucee/Lucee4/blob/master/lucee-java/libs/apache-commons-httpcore.jar
This is from an older fix:
https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-292

I tried this too. Same problems.

Tried that. No go.

I think you also have to replace this jar too:
https://github.com/lucee/Lucee4/blob/master/lucee-java/libs/apache-commons-httpcore.jar
This is from an older fix:
https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-292

I tried this too. Same problems.

I’m having this same problem and I tried replacing httpcore as well but still get the same error.> On Jul 17, 2015, at 6:25 AM, Konstantinos Liakos <@Konstantinos_Liakos> wrote:

I think you also have to replace this jar too: https://github.com/lucee/Lucee4/blob/master/lucee-java/libs/apache-commons-httpcore.jar

This is from an older fix: https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-292

On Friday, 17 July 2015 09:48:23 UTC+3, Tony Junkes wrote:
So I updated my server to the latest dev release and also updated the JARs that were listed to fix LDEV-429. I got the impression that updating those JARs were necessary in the long run but now I wonder.

I have a site that makes use of and and now errors where those tags are used. The bit might be unrelated but it did seem to fail during the same timeframe (haven’t pursued it as of yet). is erroring with NoClassDefFound org/apache/http/client/methods/HttpRequestBase.

I’m wondering if by updating the JARs, I’ve twisted something up.

I tried reverting back to 4.5.1.022 and still had the same errors. Left the updated JARs at the moment. Now 4.5.2 isn’t available for update anymore in the dev section of the updater. My next step would be to revert the JARs.

So now, I’m running Lucee 4.5.1.022 on CentOS 6.6 / Tomcat 8.0.23 / Java 8u45 / Nginx.

Any ideas? Thanks.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/87336334-b9d3-4af6-b068-df844fac3f88%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

I’m still having issues with this. Tried downgrading the JARs as a most
recent attempt since now I cannot even see the option to update back to
4.5.2 but the issue remains.

Thanks for any suggestions.

What about a fresh install?

4.5.2 option is on the DEV channel btw. Are you there?On Monday, 20 July 2015 10:04:46 UTC+3, Tony Junkes wrote:

I’m still having issues with this. Tried downgrading the JARs as a most
recent attempt since now I cannot even see the option to update back to
4.5.2 but the issue remains.

Thanks for any suggestions.

UPDATE,

I went ahead and swapped out all of the current JARs in my lib folder for
the 4.5.1.022 JARs and everything seems to be functioning correctly.

Thanks for the help.

What about a fresh install?
4.5.2 option is on the DEV channel btw. Are you there?

I’m trying to avoid that in this case though it seems I might have to. I’m
not dealing with anything critical but I was hoping to easily solve this.

In the admin, after rolling back to 4.5.1.022, I cannot see any “new”
updates going forward in dev. I even tried rolling back further to try and
break from this oddity but would lose the ability to update beyond that
patch. I had to go and grab the .lco for 4.5.1.022 and manually install it.
I haven’t seen a .lco for 4.5.2 otherwise I’d try that out.

Cheers.> On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 4:54:05 AM UTC-7, Konstantinos Liakos wrote: