No matching function inside a custom component

Hi all,
we recently bumped into a strange problem in our production website (configuration details below).

Without any kind of reason we get this error message inside lucee logs :

No matching function [ARTICOLO] found /data/otticanet-2018/api/Controller.cfc 80 | StackTrace: api.controller_cfc$cf.udfCall1(/api/Controller.cfc:80) URL:: www.my-site.com /index.cfm

(articolo is a function defined inside Controller.cfc component)

We have to run OnApplicationStart in order to restart the application.

Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.
Sergio

Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!

Java Version: 1.8.0_112 (Oracle Corporation) 64bit
Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/8.5.6
Lucee Version: Lucee 5.3.3.62

it’s only happening in production?

As your stack is rather old, especially your java version. I’d suggest upgrading to the latest stable release, easiest would be to do a fresh install. 5.3.3.62 had some issues, 5.3.6.61 is much more robust

1 Like

Hi Zac,
thank you for the response, I really appreciate that!

Tomorrow I will try to upgrade my production stack (this issue happens only in production environment).

But, in practice, what could be the reason that cause the disappear of one method?

Thank you.

Best regards.
Sergio

Hard to say, there’s been a really intense focus in the last few 5.3.x releases on performance and stability.

I did a bit of googling around this error and noticed they were all with older versions, hence my recommendation.

If you still experience this problem after the upgrade, we will need to try and reproduce it with the latest snapshot