New Stable Release (5.3.8.189)

Hi @rd444, do you have a stacktrace from the Compile error that includes the “Caused by:” line? If so, can you please post to https://lucee.daemonite.io/t/compile-errors-in-5-3-8-189/8590? Thanks, Simon

@Simon_Goldschmidt - I don’t have a stack trace either, just the same new slew of Application.log messages a la the below. We are on AWS EC2s, but not seeing any evidence of any sort of disk access issues via all of their metric tools.

application.logERROR 01:29:18, 23 Jul, 2021http-nio-8888-exec-12"Class [kansas_city315.addyourshow_cfm$cf$g3] is invalid or doesn’t exist;Class [kansas_city315.addyourshow_cfm$cf$g3] is invalid or doesn’t exist;java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class [kansas_city315.addyourshow_cfm$cf$g3] is invalid or doesn’t exist

Just checking back here to see if there’s an update on the horizon as we’re back to having to restart every couple of days.

we are still working thru a few more regressions in 5.3.8, then we will have a new minor 5.3.8 release

that compile problem hasn’t be solved yet

1 Like

Hi @Zackster- is there any ETA on this compile fix / minor release?

5.3.8.201 has some me extra logging to diagnose this

Is there anything I can send you from there @Zackster? That’s what we’re running that’s still requiring periodic restarts.

We ran Debug-level Application log on 5.3.8.201 and found that each time this error occurred, it was preceded by a line like this:

"DEBUG","ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8009-exec-3","08/12/2021","21:35:39","compile","load class from ClassLoader  [C:\Webroot\payment.cfm]"

and followed by a line like this:

"DEBUG","ajp-nio-127.0.0.1-8009-exec-3","08/12/2021","21:35:39","compile","load class from binary  [C:\Webroot\payment.cfm]"

For us, there are episodes when a bunch of scripts are loaded from “ClassLoader” and return a Compile error, but scripts are subsequently loaded from “binary” without an issue. Although there is a bit of activity in our Error logs, there doesn’t seem to be any issue that prevents our application from working as it should.

Details here: [LDEV-3622] - Lucee