This works
<CFSET somevalue =ā€œ1ā€>
<CFOUTPUT>#somevalue#</CFOUTPUT>

This does not
<CFQUERY name=ā€œTestGetā€ datasource =ā€œTheDataSourceIsInHereā€>
SELECT top 1
from aff
</CFQUERY>

I am trying to figure out how to get it to give me more than just 500- Internal Server error.

I do have all logs switched on in Lucee, but donā€™t see any log file generated

(After posting I see that it removed all of the CF tags in the post)

I just tried it with a simple CFFILE to write a log, same issue.

If I could figure out how to get more feedback on the error I might stand a chance.

I notice on my ACF local developer version on Windows 10, I have the debug output settings set to display and I get lots of info on errors, however on the Windows Server I donā€™t I just get what I guess is the standard IIS 500 error message. I checked the same boxes for debugging on the CF admin, and I even added my external IP number to the debugging IP addresses, but it still doesnā€™t give me all of the exception information.

I am guessing this is a setting somewhere in IIS that differs from my local Win 10 IIS to the Win Server IIS.

Does anybody know how to fix this so that I could then hopefully get more info from Lucee?

I thought it was fixed, but it was not, I can get debug output, but not if I have a code issue, like a page that just has <CFFILE with nothing else

Thanks

Write to us what error message you receive exactly.
You can also take a screenshot.

Check the Error Pages section in the IIS Manager and then ā€œEdit feature settingsā€ā€¦". See if changing to ā€œDetailed errorsā€ makes any difference.

2 Likes

@Julian_Halliwell Bingo, you got it!! I have never seen/touched that. It looks like the default must be different on Win10 IIS vs Server. Every dayā€™s a school day :slight_smile:

My quest for info on Lucee will now continue. THANKS!

Edit: DAMN, I just tested it through a VPN so I could change my IP and itā€™s not IP restricted, so everybody will get it :frowning:

2 Likes

I have detailed error messages now (albeit everybody can see them, but Iā€™m on a clone server with an used domain so I can live with it in the short term)

the CFQUERY was my fault, wrong table name!

the CFFILE issue, appears to be that Lucee is unable to access the drive. I am thinking itā€™s likely needed to be change to run under a user account

I did indeed need to change the Lucee service to a user account to perform the CFFILE write.

Once I did that I was very excited to see that the site started working, until I tried an account log in and I end up with it taking me to a page that just says OBJECT MOVED

Disappointing I thought this might have been an issue of full compatibility. I will investigate in the morning to see if this is a config issue or the actual code.

Thereā€™s another error mode you can set: ā€œDetailed errors for local requests and custom error pages for remote requestsā€. You can also control it in your web.config file (in your web root) as

<httpErrors errorMode="DetailedLocalOnly" defaultResponseMode="File"></httpErrors>

@Julian_Halliwell I think that is the one I selected. Iā€™ll need to go check.

With regards to my code hitting a brick wall. I found that it was CFLOCATION that was the issue.

Any use of CFLOCATION is failing displaying ā€œObject Movedā€

It was using a relative path ā€¦/games/index.cfm so I changed it to use the root /games/index.cfm and also tried a full HTTP URL, they all give the same result.

a search of the forum did find this

I located the boncodejp13.settings file but it did not have a reference to <EnableHTTPStatusCodes>False</EnableHTTPStatusCodes> so I added it with the value TRUE, and restarted Lucee. It didnā€™t fix it :frowning:

Have you changed the right boncodejp13.settings file? You may have changed the wrong file. Please see this post were Iā€™ve changed the settings in the wrong file:

Thanks @andreas I had a read of that post and got a little lost

I was changing the file in the Lucee folder and not in the Windows directory.

The question I have is what should I be changing in that file?

Thanks

This maybe :point_up_2:. Sorry for the confusion. Just wanted to show you how easy it is to change settings in the wrong boncode settings file, cause it happened to me once.

ohhhhhhh got it. Looks like Iā€™m a little stuck :frowning:

Did it work?

I am not actually sure what to put in there after reading that other link that you posted.

I havenā€™t tried this yet
<EnableHTTPStatusCodes>False</EnableHTTPStatusCodes>

I added the EnableHTTPStatusCodes above to the settings file in the windows folder. Itā€™s still not working but is now giving a little more information apart from Object moved

Object moved to [here]

Generic Connector Communication Error:

Please check and adjust your setup:
Ensure that Tomcat is running on given host and port.
If this is a timeout error consider adjusting IIS timeout by changing executionTimeout attribute in web.config (see manual). [2023-09-08 14:52:29 ]Generic Connector Communication Error:

Hmmm, this looks more like your setting is breaking the connection. Can you change the setting back to the initial setting and show the server response headers of that ā€œObject Movedā€ you had?

Previously there was no entry at all there, I set it to TRUE, and it gives the same result as if it was not there, as in just displaying OBJECT MOVED and nothing else.

Can I pull more info from Chrome?

Yes, you should get the server response headers from the chrome dev tool. Or you can get them also with curl.