Mail problems after upgrading OS

Everything was working perfectly for years. Then I had to upgrade from windows server 2012 to windows server 2019 and also changed IP addresses. Then mail problems popped up. I had a lot of emails stuck in the TASKS tab for my two main websites. I highlighted them all (100 at a time:) and clicked execute, and they were processed as normal and removed from the tasks list. here is the strange part. On one website, after I cleared out the TASKS, email now works normally. On the other website (same server), new emails still get stuck and I have to manually execute them. They use the same email server.
I get this error

org.apache.catalina.loader.ParallelWebappClassLoader.hasLoggingConfig()Z
org.apache.catalina.loader.ParallelWebappClassLoader.hasLoggingConfig()Z
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.apache.catalina.loader.ParallelWebappClassLoader.hasLoggingConfig()Z
at org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager.readConfiguration(ClassLoaderLogManager.java:456)
at org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager$3.run(ClassLoaderLogManager.java:429)
at org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager$3.run(ClassLoaderLogManager.java:425)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager.getClassLoaderInfo(ClassLoaderLogManager.java:425)
at org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager.getLogger(ClassLoaderLogManager.java:250)
at java.util.logging.LogManager.demandLogger(LogManager.java:551)
at java.util.logging.Logger.demandLogger(Logger.java:455)
at java.util.logging.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:502)
at com.sun.mail.util.MailLogger.(MailLogger.java:104)
at javax.mail.Session.initLogger(Session.java:227)
at javax.mail.Session.(Session.java:212)
at javax.mail.Session.getInstance(Session.java:248)
at lucee.runtime.net.smtp.SMTPConnectionPool.createSession(SMTPConnectionPool.java:157)
at lucee.runtime.net.smtp.SMTPConnectionPool.access$200(SMTPConnectionPool.java:37)
at lucee.runtime.net.smtp.SMTPConnectionPool$SessionAndTransport.(SMTPConnectionPool.java:183)
at lucee.runtime.net.smtp.SMTPConnectionPool.getSessionAndTransport(SMTPConnectionPool.java:57)
at lucee.runtime.net.smtp.SMTPClient.createMimeMessage(SMTPClient.java:456)
at lucee.runtime.net.smtp.SMTPClient._send(SMTPClient.java:827)
at lucee.runtime.spooler.mail.MailSpoolerTask.execute(MailSpoolerTask.java:124)
at lucee.runtime.spooler.SpoolerTaskSupport._execute(SpoolerTaskSupport.java:103)
at lucee.runtime.spooler.SpoolerEngineImpl.execute(SpoolerEngineImpl.java:604)
at lucee.runtime.spooler.SpoolerEngineImpl$TaskThread.run(SpoolerEngineImpl.java:539)

What does that mean? How to fix? I am thinking I need to upgrade tomcat, java and lucee… but how likely is it to have compatibility problems? This is relatively old code
I am on: tomcat 8.5.6 and java 1.8.0_112 and lucee 5.2.9.31 on windows server 2019

Fixed it. So stupid :slight_smile: I just had to reboot the server and it magically works now.

To be useful, here is a tip: I now check for this problem by counting files in the \web-inf\lucee\remote-client\open folder. If it is more than 0, there may be a problem, wait 2 minutes and if still there, there is a problem. I have that script embedded in my admin control panel.

1 Like