Lucee Server Admin loading extremely slow

hi all, I’m suddenly experiencing an issue where lucee server and web admin loading very slow or not loading at all, just hangs.
I’m using FF and cleared the cache etc, once or twice has loaded a page ie I was going to create a new scheduled task, it loaded the initial add page but when I clicked save it comes up with ‘please wait’ and just hangs forever.
I’m on Win 2012 R2 production server with Lucee 5.2.1.9
All sites and apps loading/working correctly.
Any ideas please ?
Thanks

what did you see when you checked your logs?

thanks, in the logs under /lucee/tomcat/logs there’s only one log file with today’s modified date and that is blank.
Any suggestions where else I could look ?
Thanks

there’s a web-inf folder for each web root context with a log directory

also C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context\logs

this is the only one I can see in application.log file and that’s from 6:35 this morning, I’ve been trying to access admin this after noon UK time so nothing is written in there, anywhere else it could be written ?

"ERROR","Thread-6","03/16/2018","06:35:49","controler","was not able to stop controller thread running for 60047ms;java.lang.Throwable;java.lang.Throwable
	at java.net.DualStackPlainDatagramSocketImpl.socketReceiveOrPeekData(Native Method)
	at java.net.DualStackPlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive0(DualStackPlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:124)
	at java.net.AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(AbstractPlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:143)
	at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java:812)
	at lucee.runtime.net.ntp.NtpClient.getOffset(NtpClient.java:72)
	at lucee.runtime.net.ntp.NtpClient.getOffset(NtpClient.java:92)
	at lucee.runtime.config.ConfigImpl.reloadTimeServerOffset(ConfigImpl.java:476)
	at lucee.runtime.engine.Controler.control(Controler.java:303)
	at lucee.runtime.engine.Controler.control(Controler.java:222)
	at lucee.runtime.engine.Controler.access$000(Controler.java:59)
	at lucee.runtime.engine.Controler$ControlerThread.run(Controler.java:110)

if it’s a local dev environment, can you try the latest 5.2.6.60 snapshot?

its a live production server

UPDATE

A server restart solved the issue for now.
Thanks

We had the same issue and it turns out it is for us related to the mod_cfml / ajp module recreating all the WEB-INF web contexts on a file change across several virtual hosts / Lucee updating all teh template cache. This would seem to be a performance issue as this server has about 300 virtual hosts. If we change a file in one virtual hosts or maybe 2 or 3 no problem but all 300 at once brings not only the Lucee admin but Lucee itself to its knees and we have to restart the service or in some cases the whole server.

thanks for your reply, so there’s no other ways around this ?