Lucee error 500 can't create directory C:\lucee\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lucee

Hi im new here in lucee,

The Lucee work fine last night… Then suddenly today want the error 500 as shown below.!
lucee error|690x416

I try to reinstall Lucee but the problem persist.

Please guide me how to resolve…

TQ

Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!

Java Version: Not Sure
Tomcat Version: 9.0.31
Lucee Version: 5.3.4.80

Did you change the user that you were running Lucee as? Did you change permissions on the Lucee install directory?

By default Lucee on WIndows runs as the System user. The System user needs access to the directories that your CFML files are in.

@Gigarx, It must be a one of permission issue, the tomcat needs a permission for write the root directory. Please check your installed tomcat directory.

As @Jordan_Michaels and @cfmitrah already stated, it is very probably a permission issue. Did you install Lucee with the installer? If yes, and you didn’t change the account that is running the lucee service manually afterwards (what I guess), check if you your folder C:\lucee\tomcat\webapps\ROOT still have the user “LOCAL SERVICE” with full read/write permissions on it. “LOCAL SERVICE” is a lower priviliged user account that runs the lucee-tomcat service (for security reasons), and you need to grant full access to it there, so it can create the web-inf folders. Usually the installer does this, but sometimes copying folders/files or overwriting folders may change permissions. May happen if you are copying a wwwroot from a classic old app to a new lucee installation. Hope my guess is a hit.

As there are a few people with this problem, I’ve filed two bugs

[LDEV-2896] - Lucee (this error)
[LDEV-2897] - Lucee (the create directory error needs more information)

1 Like