Lucee 6.0 - no Docker image yet

default JSON config

I’m not sure where the complexity is here - start Lucee outside Docker, see what files it makes, copy them for use in Docker ?

supporting XML file upgrades without the default/existing JSON file

When I started porting our downstream images, I accepted that because Lucee 6.x has JSON config rather than XML, that I’d need to re-do the settings changes in the new style. I’m not sure downstream authors would expect their old Dockerfile/config files to Just Work ?

For instance, adding in new default DSN was fairly trivial - login to admin, add global DSN, see what the JSON looks like, make that happen in our Dockerfile.

As long as actual sites Just Work, because Lucee v6 has (one time ?) automated conversions for WEB-INF/lucee/lucee-web.xml.cfm that’d be OK ?

In the testing I’ve done of our downstream images based on 6.0.0.524-SNAPSHOT, it all seemed to work as expected.

supported Java versions

Now’s a good time to reduce the test matrix, and just pick (say) whatever upstream Tomcat bundles, at least as a starting point ?

can do a Lucee 6.x build with what we have

I think that’d help, at least to have a snapshot from wherever the most recent 6.0.x is, even if it’s not perfect.

We’ve got a mix of sites using the Lucee installer, and ones using our own downstream Docker, and right now only the non-Docker ones can get the security fixes that were not back ported to 5.x (Heads-up on Lucee vuln, publicized today, Feb 15 - #4 by sbleon).

1 Like