I’ve been doing some load testing on my server using Webserver Stress Tool 8 with simulations of 45 users and a random number of clicks per user over a 20 minute period.
The webserver is running:
Win 2012 R2
4 X6560 Xeon Processors / 8GB Ram
For testing purposes max heap was set to 2GB
Running Mura 7 connecting to mySQL database
The site I’m testing ran at around a 13% average heap and 8-10% non-heap on version 188.8.131.52. It also ran at about 13% heap on 184.108.40.206 but I saw a gradual increase of the non-heap (about 1 - 2% over a 24 hr period). There haven’t been any code changes to the site.
When the simulation first starts, the java heap begins to climb; Lucee appears to reclaim much of the heap, but as the test continues the heap climbs and Lucee doesn’t claim more than about 20% of the heap (sometimes as little as 2%). At the beginning of each test Lucee reclaims about 20% of the heap. During each test, CPU was fluctuating between 66% and 99%.
On average, at the end of each 20 minute test heap was at 75-80%. When I started the initial test I had a 3% heap, 3% non-heap, (non-heap climbs to about 10% and stays steady around 10% through out the duration of the tests). If I re-initiated the test, there was an initial reclaiming of about 20% of the heap, however, If I increase the duration of the test to 40 minutes the server eventually becomes unresponsive with a 95% heap, 10% non-heap and cpu railing at 99%.
I ran the test on the same server on a simple static site with no database connections and the there was nominal heap growth and the heap was fully reclaimed.