Installing new sites into my instance of Lucee on Mac OSx

Hi!

I’m new to Lucee but not CF. I have an installation of Lucee on my local Mac (see my stack below).

I have it up and running but i’m confused on where to place source files for any web sites. Currently i have them in the following path:

/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lucee/context/MyWebSiteFiles

If there is a CF error in any of my files, it throws the error out to the browser. Once I’ve fixed the error, i get no display at all. Just a white screen. It seems that my site isn’t recognized by Lucee at all.

I’m pretty sure that this installation isn’t correct though i’m not sure either.

Can someone explain the correct way to add web sites to my installation of Lucee?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Mac OS 10.14.6: ???
Java Version: build 1.8.0_261-b12
Tomcat Version: 8.5.58
Lucee Version: 5.3.6.061-linux

Hi, the web-inf folder is tomcats working location, and it is created when you start your tomcat service. It isn’t accesible per http. It’s just an directory that tomcat needs to give life to Lucee. You can use it for certain things, but usually not for placing your web root files. Because you’re taking your first steps, I suppose you’re running a default express version of tomcat. If so, the quickest solution would be:

1. Stop Tomcat
  2. Place your webroot files to /tomcat/webapps/ROOT/
  3. Delete the WEB-INF folder
  4. Start Lucee.

Then you’ll see that the web-inf folder will be created and your web root files will be served. Then your site should be availabe through the tomcat port (on Lucee Tomcat Express Installation it’s 8888)

If you don’t have or have success, please post back. Good luck.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I’ve had a chance to rearrange the folders and I have it working now. This was a giant help.

For reference, I downloaded the Tomcat binary files and used the Lucee WAR file to do the installation.

All seems to be working with the exception of reworking some of my code to fit the environment.

1 Like