Installing Lucee 5

I decided to try Lucee 5 on a development machine.

  1. Downloaded lucee-5.0.0.49-jars.zip
  2. Stopped Railo
  3. Moved railo.jar from railo.lib to a thumb drive
  4. Put lucee.jar into railo.lib
  5. Moved other lucee.jar files to railo.lib
  6. Started Railo

That’s your instructions on the Migrate from Railo web page. What do you
mean when you say the Railo server will convert itself into a Lucee server
The folders are still labeled railo as there were no instructions to change
them. When I started the Railo server, there was no mention of anything to
do with Lucee. Every browse to localhost:8888 gives

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8888

The machine is a Dell Precision running Windows 7, been running fine under
Railo/Tomcat.

What Now?

John Matlock

Hi John,

Where did you get these instructions from?

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me http://about.me/andrew_dixon - mso http://www.mso.net - Lucee
Association Member http://lucee.orgOn 1 May 2016 at 00:44, john Matlock <@john_Matlock> wrote:

I decided to try Lucee 5 on a development machine.

  1. Downloaded lucee-5.0.0.49-jars.zip
  2. Stopped Railo
  3. Moved railo.jar from railo.lib to a thumb drive
  4. Put lucee.jar into railo.lib
  5. Moved other lucee.jar files to railo.lib
  6. Started Railo

That’s your instructions on the Migrate from Railo web page. What do you
mean when you say the Railo server will convert itself into a Lucee server
The folders are still labeled railo as there were no instructions to change
them. When I started the Railo server, there was no mention of anything to
do with Lucee. Every browse to localhost:8888 gives

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8888

The machine is a Dell Precision running Windows 7, been running fine under
Railo/Tomcat.

What Now?

John Matlock


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/68f232e9-0e06-4df4-a7fd-ed82e8cc9513%40googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/68f232e9-0e06-4df4-a7fd-ed82e8cc9513%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

John,

Those are old instructions that applied to Lucee 4. Lucee 5 is a different animal entirely, on many levels.

At this point, if you’re upgrading from Railo, you’d be better off starting with a fresh install of Lucee 4.5 from the downloads page: http://lucee.org/downloads.html . There have been enough improvements and changes in 4.5 since the first release of Lucee, that it might be better to start fresh.

Lucee 5 is in release candidate status and is not recommended for production use.

JonOn May 1, 2016 at 3:37:31 PM, john Matlock (@john_Matlock) wrote:

I got the instructions from the Lucee.org web site, specifically:

http://docs.lucee.org/guides/updating-lucee/migrate-from-railo.html

John

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Andrew Dixon <@Andrew_Dixon> wrote:
Hi John,

Where did you get these instructions from?

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me - mso - Lucee Association Member

On 1 May 2016 at 00:44, john Matlock <@john_Matlock> wrote:
I decided to try Lucee 5 on a development machine.

  1. Downloaded lucee-5.0.0.49-jars.zip
  2. Stopped Railo
  3. Moved railo.jar from railo.lib to a thumb drive
  4. Put lucee.jar into railo.lib
  5. Moved other lucee.jar files to railo.lib
  6. Started Railo

That’s your instructions on the Migrate from Railo web page. What do you mean when you say the Railo server will convert itself into a Lucee server The folders are still labeled railo as there were no instructions to change them. When I started the Railo server, there was no mention of anything to do with Lucee. Every browse to localhost:8888 gives

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8888

The machine is a Dell Precision running Windows 7, been running fine under Railo/Tomcat.

What Now?

John Matlock


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/68f232e9-0e06-4df4-a7fd-ed82e8cc9513%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/lucee/HJCo8Tlcamc/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijUmWSLnywXtkFfEPK4Bn1RaK66bkNXdMTt9gfHUYtWNng%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_s61NJe7MiaLVo6gn8qmPJ-7sfxU55k72A352kAN96Zg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks, that is kind of what I was guessing the problem to be. I am
presuming that these instructions are good for Lucee 4.5?

Keeping a web site up to date is a pain.

JohnOn Sun, May 1, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Jon Clausen <@Jon_Clausen> wrote:

John,

Those are old instructions that applied to Lucee 4. Lucee 5 is a
different animal entirely, on many levels.

At this point, if you’re upgrading from Railo, you’d be better off
starting with a fresh install of Lucee 4.5 from the downloads page:
http://lucee.org/downloads.html . There have been enough improvements
and changes in 4.5 since the first release of Lucee, that it might be
better to start fresh.

Lucee 5 is in release candidate status and is not recommended for
production use.

Jon

On May 1, 2016 at 3:37:31 PM, john Matlock (@john_Matlock) wrote:

I got the instructions from the Lucee.org web site, specifically:

http://docs.lucee.org/guides/updating-lucee/migrate-from-railo.html

John

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Andrew Dixon <@Andrew_Dixon> wrote:

Hi John,

Where did you get these instructions from?

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me http://about.me/andrew_dixon - mso http://www.mso.net - Lucee
Association Member http://lucee.org

On 1 May 2016 at 00:44, john Matlock <@john_Matlock> wrote:

I decided to try Lucee 5 on a development machine.

  1. Downloaded lucee-5.0.0.49-jars.zip
  2. Stopped Railo
  3. Moved railo.jar from railo.lib to a thumb drive
  4. Put lucee.jar into railo.lib
  5. Moved other lucee.jar files to railo.lib
  6. Started Railo

That’s your instructions on the Migrate from Railo web page. What do
you mean when you say the Railo server will convert itself into a Lucee
server The folders are still labeled railo as there were no instructions
to change them. When I started the Railo server, there was no mention of
anything to do with Lucee. Every browse to localhost:8888 gives

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8888

The machine is a Dell Precision running Windows 7, been running fine
under Railo/Tomcat.

What Now?

John Matlock


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/68f232e9-0e06-4df4-a7fd-ed82e8cc9513%40googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/68f232e9-0e06-4df4-a7fd-ed82e8cc9513%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/lucee/HJCo8Tlcamc/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijUmWSLnywXtkFfEPK4Bn1RaK66bkNXdMTt9gfHUYtWNng%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijUmWSLnywXtkFfEPK4Bn1RaK66bkNXdMTt9gfHUYtWNng%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_s61NJe7MiaLVo6gn8qmPJ-7sfxU55k72A352kAN96Zg%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_s61NJe7MiaLVo6gn8qmPJ-7sfxU55k72A352kAN96Zg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/lucee/HJCo8Tlcamc/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/etPan.5726628d.23351589.1f5b%40jonclausen-mbp.local
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/etPan.5726628d.23351589.1f5b%40jonclausen-mbp.local?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Good Move.

It does however, still leave one wondering about how to install Lucee 5.
Perhaps a note saying something like “Lucee 5 requires a different
installation procedure which is still being documented.”

Thanks though for paying attention.

JohnOn Sun, May 1, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Andrew Dixon <@Andrew_Dixon> wrote:

I’ve updated the document to be clear (I hope) it applies to 4.5.

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me http://about.me/andrew_dixon - mso http://www.mso.net - Lucee
Association Member http://lucee.org

On 1 May 2016 at 22:23, john Matlock <@john_Matlock> wrote:

Thanks, that is kind of what I was guessing the problem to be. I am
presuming that these instructions are good for Lucee 4.5?

Keeping a web site up to date is a pain.

John

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Jon Clausen <@Jon_Clausen wrote:

John,

Those are old instructions that applied to Lucee 4. Lucee 5 is a
different animal entirely, on many levels.

At this point, if you’re upgrading from Railo, you’d be better off
starting with a fresh install of Lucee 4.5 from the downloads page:
http://lucee.org/downloads.html . There have been enough improvements
and changes in 4.5 since the first release of Lucee, that it might be
better to start fresh.

Lucee 5 is in release candidate status and is not recommended for
production use.

Jon

On May 1, 2016 at 3:37:31 PM, john Matlock (@john_Matlock) wrote:

I got the instructions from the Lucee.org web site, specifically:

http://docs.lucee.org/guides/updating-lucee/migrate-from-railo.html

John

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Andrew Dixon <@Andrew_Dixon> wrote:

Hi John,

Where did you get these instructions from?

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me http://about.me/andrew_dixon - mso http://www.mso.net - Lucee
Association Member http://lucee.org

On 1 May 2016 at 00:44, john Matlock <@john_Matlock> wrote:

I decided to try Lucee 5 on a development machine.

  1. Downloaded lucee-5.0.0.49-jars.zip
  2. Stopped Railo
  3. Moved railo.jar from railo.lib to a thumb drive
  4. Put lucee.jar into railo.lib
  5. Moved other lucee.jar files to railo.lib
  6. Started Railo

That’s your instructions on the Migrate from Railo web page. What do
you mean when you say the Railo server will convert itself into a Lucee
server The folders are still labeled railo as there were no instructions
to change them. When I started the Railo server, there was no mention of
anything to do with Lucee. Every browse to localhost:8888 gives

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8888

The machine is a Dell Precision running Windows 7, been running fine
under Railo/Tomcat.

What Now?

John Matlock


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today!


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/68f232e9-0e06-4df4-a7fd-ed82e8cc9513%40googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/68f232e9-0e06-4df4-a7fd-ed82e8cc9513%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today!


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/lucee/HJCo8Tlcamc/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijUmWSLnywXtkFfEPK4Bn1RaK66bkNXdMTt9gfHUYtWNng%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijUmWSLnywXtkFfEPK4Bn1RaK66bkNXdMTt9gfHUYtWNng%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_s61NJe7MiaLVo6gn8qmPJ-7sfxU55k72A352kAN96Zg%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_s61NJe7MiaLVo6gn8qmPJ-7sfxU55k72A352kAN96Zg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/lucee/HJCo8Tlcamc/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/etPan.5726628d.23351589.1f5b%40jonclausen-mbp.local
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/etPan.5726628d.23351589.1f5b%40jonclausen-mbp.local?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_GoHasCM2XYDDG1QLhdJnJ%3DkxE2aJaGZh5uc1VNV_3Dw%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_GoHasCM2XYDDG1QLhdJnJ%3DkxE2aJaGZh5uc1VNV_3Dw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/lucee/HJCo8Tlcamc/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijV21Axs-b9sdc2yKo61Vs1yumWcVe2nXk%2BerGexwAHrCw%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijV21Axs-b9sdc2yKo61Vs1yumWcVe2nXk%2BerGexwAHrCw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

I’ve updated the document to be clear (I hope) it applies to 4.5.

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me http://about.me/andrew_dixon - mso http://www.mso.net - Lucee
Association Member http://lucee.orgOn 1 May 2016 at 22:23, john Matlock <@john_Matlock> wrote:

Thanks, that is kind of what I was guessing the problem to be. I am
presuming that these instructions are good for Lucee 4.5?

Keeping a web site up to date is a pain.

John

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Jon Clausen <@Jon_Clausen> wrote:

John,

Those are old instructions that applied to Lucee 4. Lucee 5 is a
different animal entirely, on many levels.

At this point, if you’re upgrading from Railo, you’d be better off
starting with a fresh install of Lucee 4.5 from the downloads page:
http://lucee.org/downloads.html . There have been enough improvements
and changes in 4.5 since the first release of Lucee, that it might be
better to start fresh.

Lucee 5 is in release candidate status and is not recommended for
production use.

Jon

On May 1, 2016 at 3:37:31 PM, john Matlock (@john_Matlock) wrote:

I got the instructions from the Lucee.org web site, specifically:

http://docs.lucee.org/guides/updating-lucee/migrate-from-railo.html

John

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Andrew Dixon <@Andrew_Dixon> wrote:

Hi John,

Where did you get these instructions from?

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me http://about.me/andrew_dixon - mso http://www.mso.net - Lucee
Association Member http://lucee.org

On 1 May 2016 at 00:44, john Matlock <@john_Matlock> wrote:

I decided to try Lucee 5 on a development machine.

  1. Downloaded lucee-5.0.0.49-jars.zip
  2. Stopped Railo
  3. Moved railo.jar from railo.lib to a thumb drive
  4. Put lucee.jar into railo.lib
  5. Moved other lucee.jar files to railo.lib
  6. Started Railo

That’s your instructions on the Migrate from Railo web page. What do
you mean when you say the Railo server will convert itself into a Lucee
server The folders are still labeled railo as there were no instructions
to change them. When I started the Railo server, there was no mention of
anything to do with Lucee. Every browse to localhost:8888 gives

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8888

The machine is a Dell Precision running Windows 7, been running fine
under Railo/Tomcat.

What Now?

John Matlock


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today!


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/68f232e9-0e06-4df4-a7fd-ed82e8cc9513%40googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/68f232e9-0e06-4df4-a7fd-ed82e8cc9513%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/lucee/HJCo8Tlcamc/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijUmWSLnywXtkFfEPK4Bn1RaK66bkNXdMTt9gfHUYtWNng%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijUmWSLnywXtkFfEPK4Bn1RaK66bkNXdMTt9gfHUYtWNng%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_s61NJe7MiaLVo6gn8qmPJ-7sfxU55k72A352kAN96Zg%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_s61NJe7MiaLVo6gn8qmPJ-7sfxU55k72A352kAN96Zg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/lucee/HJCo8Tlcamc/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/etPan.5726628d.23351589.1f5b%40jonclausen-mbp.local
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/etPan.5726628d.23351589.1f5b%40jonclausen-mbp.local?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_GoHasCM2XYDDG1QLhdJnJ%3DkxE2aJaGZh5uc1VNV_3Dw%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_GoHasCM2XYDDG1QLhdJnJ%3DkxE2aJaGZh5uc1VNV_3Dw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

I got the instructions from the Lucee.org web site, specifically:

http://docs.lucee.org/guides/updating-lucee/migrate-from-railo.html

JohnOn Sun, May 1, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Andrew Dixon <@Andrew_Dixon> wrote:

Hi John,

Where did you get these instructions from?

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me http://about.me/andrew_dixon - mso http://www.mso.net - Lucee
Association Member http://lucee.org

On 1 May 2016 at 00:44, john Matlock <@john_Matlock> wrote:

I decided to try Lucee 5 on a development machine.

  1. Downloaded lucee-5.0.0.49-jars.zip
  2. Stopped Railo
  3. Moved railo.jar from railo.lib to a thumb drive
  4. Put lucee.jar into railo.lib
  5. Moved other lucee.jar files to railo.lib
  6. Started Railo

That’s your instructions on the Migrate from Railo web page. What do you
mean when you say the Railo server will convert itself into a Lucee server
The folders are still labeled railo as there were no instructions to change
them. When I started the Railo server, there was no mention of anything to
do with Lucee. Every browse to localhost:8888 gives

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8888

The machine is a Dell Precision running Windows 7, been running fine
under Railo/Tomcat.

What Now?

John Matlock


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/68f232e9-0e06-4df4-a7fd-ed82e8cc9513%40googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/68f232e9-0e06-4df4-a7fd-ed82e8cc9513%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/lucee/HJCo8Tlcamc/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijUmWSLnywXtkFfEPK4Bn1RaK66bkNXdMTt9gfHUYtWNng%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijUmWSLnywXtkFfEPK4Bn1RaK66bkNXdMTt9gfHUYtWNng%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

or just use the installer:
http://lucee.viviotech.net/

Hi John,

Actually now you mention it, that is already documented in the Lucee 5
section of the docs:

http://docs.lucee.org/guides/lucee-5/upgrading-lucee-45.html

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me http://about.me/andrew_dixon - mso http://www.mso.net - Lucee
Association Member http://lucee.orgOn 2 May 2016 at 00:30, john Matlock <@john_Matlock> wrote:

Good Move.

It does however, still leave one wondering about how to install Lucee 5.
Perhaps a note saying something like “Lucee 5 requires a different
installation procedure which is still being documented.”

Thanks though for paying attention.

John

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 4:21 PM, Andrew Dixon <@Andrew_Dixon> wrote:

I’ve updated the document to be clear (I hope) it applies to 4.5.

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me http://about.me/andrew_dixon - mso http://www.mso.net - Lucee
Association Member http://lucee.org

On 1 May 2016 at 22:23, john Matlock <@john_Matlock> wrote:

Thanks, that is kind of what I was guessing the problem to be. I am
presuming that these instructions are good for Lucee 4.5?

Keeping a web site up to date is a pain.

John

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Jon Clausen < @Jon_Clausen> wrote:

John,

Those are old instructions that applied to Lucee 4. Lucee 5 is a
different animal entirely, on many levels.

At this point, if you’re upgrading from Railo, you’d be better off
starting with a fresh install of Lucee 4.5 from the downloads page:
http://lucee.org/downloads.html . There have been enough
improvements and changes in 4.5 since the first release of Lucee, that it
might be better to start fresh.

Lucee 5 is in release candidate status and is not recommended for
production use.

Jon

On May 1, 2016 at 3:37:31 PM, john Matlock (@john_Matlock) wrote:

I got the instructions from the Lucee.org web site, specifically:

http://docs.lucee.org/guides/updating-lucee/migrate-from-railo.html

John

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Andrew Dixon <@Andrew_Dixon> wrote:

Hi John,

Where did you get these instructions from?

Kind regards,

Andrew
about.me http://about.me/andrew_dixon - mso http://www.mso.net - Lucee
Association Member http://lucee.org

On 1 May 2016 at 00:44, john Matlock <@john_Matlock> wrote:

I decided to try Lucee 5 on a development machine.

  1. Downloaded lucee-5.0.0.49-jars.zip
  2. Stopped Railo
  3. Moved railo.jar from railo.lib to a thumb drive
  4. Put lucee.jar into railo.lib
  5. Moved other lucee.jar files to railo.lib
  6. Started Railo

That’s your instructions on the Migrate from Railo web page. What do
you mean when you say the Railo server will convert itself into a Lucee
server The folders are still labeled railo as there were no instructions
to change them. When I started the Railo server, there was no mention of
anything to do with Lucee. Every browse to localhost:8888 gives

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8888

The machine is a Dell Precision running Windows 7, been running fine
under Railo/Tomcat.

What Now?

John Matlock


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project
today! - http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
send an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/68f232e9-0e06-4df4-a7fd-ed82e8cc9513%40googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/68f232e9-0e06-4df4-a7fd-ed82e8cc9513%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today!


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/lucee/HJCo8Tlcamc/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijUmWSLnywXtkFfEPK4Bn1RaK66bkNXdMTt9gfHUYtWNng%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijUmWSLnywXtkFfEPK4Bn1RaK66bkNXdMTt9gfHUYtWNng%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today!


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_s61NJe7MiaLVo6gn8qmPJ-7sfxU55k72A352kAN96Zg%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_s61NJe7MiaLVo6gn8qmPJ-7sfxU55k72A352kAN96Zg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today!


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/lucee/HJCo8Tlcamc/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/etPan.5726628d.23351589.1f5b%40jonclausen-mbp.local
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/etPan.5726628d.23351589.1f5b%40jonclausen-mbp.local?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_GoHasCM2XYDDG1QLhdJnJ%3DkxE2aJaGZh5uc1VNV_3Dw%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb_GoHasCM2XYDDG1QLhdJnJ%3DkxE2aJaGZh5uc1VNV_3Dw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/lucee/HJCo8Tlcamc/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijV21Axs-b9sdc2yKo61Vs1yumWcVe2nXk%2BerGexwAHrCw%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CAG1WijV21Axs-b9sdc2yKo61Vs1yumWcVe2nXk%2BerGexwAHrCw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


Love Lucee? Become a supporter and be part of the Lucee project today! -
http://lucee.org/supporters/become-a-supporter.html

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb9HHU%3DhYhnxbUio777%3DXub9uTij0sS660jhyrtL59t6EQ%40mail.gmail.com
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/CACT7Jb9HHU%3DhYhnxbUio777%3DXub9uTij0sS660jhyrtL59t6EQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.