It’s working now…but I’m still not sure why. Let me explain.
After several days of trying everything I could…including JRE & JDK 8 & 10, I could never get it to work.
Then I started thinking that maybe I’ve just messed things up by installing too many different things so I did a System Retore back to the point before I installed ANY JDK or JRE and before I installed Xampp and before I installed Lucee. I uninstalled Railo 4 (which had still been on the system) and even went through the Registry and deleted all remaining entries related to Railo. I then UNinstalled JAVA (everything, jre, jdk …Java etc)
Next I deleted ALL the Java folders under C:\Program Files
After doing all that, I restarted the system and downloaded a fresh copy of Xampp
I installed Xampp WITHOUT Tomcat (Only Apache Server and MySQL and PHP basically)
Next, I reinstalled Lucee. After doing this, it worked. So I’m not sure what exactly I did that got it to work.
Thank you (all who gave me advice) as it really helped me plow through this regardless.
If you you have and idea why it started working after doing the above by all means please let me know.
BTW…I DID NOT reinstall ANY JDK, JAVA or JRE whatsoever. I’m a bit surprised it worked without me doing that but it does.