IIS 8 Installation Frustration

I am trying to setup Lucee on a new Windows Server (IIS 8, latest release version of Lucee). I have tried a number of times using the Windows installer and tweaking the BonCode connector per the various older posts I’ve found. I simply can not get Lucee to work properly. The default Administrator site works fine on 127.0.0.1:8888 but all other sites fail. I have Lucee running perfectly on another server that was setup about 2 years ago.

First question - has anyone used the Lucee Windows installer successfully on Windows Server 2012 R2? I’m sure I’m missing something stupid, but shouldn’t the installer work out of the box? That’s the impression from the downloads page at least.

Second question - are there any updated (i.e for Lucee 5 in 2018) instructions to manually install Lucee on IIS 8?

The error I keep receiving is:

Page /index.cfm [C:\WebSites\Test\index.cfm] not found

lucee.runtime.exp.MissingIncludeException: Page /index.cfm [C:\WebSites\Test\index.cfm] not found

Thanks for advance for any suggestions or ideas to resolving this issue.

has anyone used the Lucee Windows installer successfully on Windows Server 2012 R2?

Yes.

I’m sure I’m missing something stupid, but shouldn’t the installer work out of the box?

It does. :wink: I’m sure there’s something simple going on here.

Page /index.cfm [C:\WebSites\Test\index.cfm] not found

And, just to be sure, does C:\WebSites\Test\index.cfm exist? Is this a clean install?

Yes, clean install and the file exists. I’m leaning now toward a Windows permissions issues, especially knowing the install has successfully worked recently for others.

The installer should run as the Windows “system” user by default.

One thing to try would be to hit the URL at port 8888. IE: http://mysite.com:8888/ This will hit the Tomcat server directly and bypass IIS as long as the context is created. If you’re not sure what contexts are created, you can log in to the Lucee admin and see what contexts are loaded at the bottom of the home page of the Lucee admin screen.

If the site works on port 8888, then you know the problem is somewhere in IIS. If it doesn’t work, then you know it has something to do with Lucee. It will help us know where to look at least. :slight_smile:

Page /index.cfm [C:\WebSites\Test\index.cfm] not found`

This type of error is also displayed when IIS does not have handlers registered for the file extension. Check your Handler Mappings screen and see whether you see anything for .cfm files.

If not, something in the installation failed. If the handler libraries are installed and tomcat is responding on port 8888, you can add the handler via elevated command line:

%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config /section:handlers /+[name='BonCode-Tomcat-CFM-Handler',path='*.cfm',verb='*',type='BonCodeIIS.BonCodeCallHandler',preCondition='integratedMode']

I have installed on Server 2012 a number of times without issues but there is no telling. Sometimes things are going sideways.

Best,
Bilal

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. It turned out to be a problem with IIS permissions. I had to grant the web folder proper permissions to IIS_IUSRS account. After the 3rd deployment of a Win 2012 server, it worked. Not sure what did not work the first two times, but I quit while I was ahead!

Thanks for letting us know what happened. Glad you got it worked out!