Fresh install, web admin missing

20 years of experience with ACF, migrating a client to Lucee (latest release). Windows 2019 / IIS 10.

We can get into the server admin just fine but when we try and load the WEB admin for the site ( https://site.com/lucee/server/web.cfm ), we get this message:

“The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.”

In the past when I’ve played with Lucee I have not had this problem. Not sure what has changed.

Site runs fine and everything else seems normal. What am I missing?

Mike, had you tried /lucee/admin/web.cfm? And for the server, was it not /lucee/admin/server.cfm?

Separate from missing the /admin/ part, it’s kind of looking like maybe you had (or found) some notes that tried to condense the filename part into one example, as “server/web.cfm” (meaning to convey it was server.cfm or web.cfm). That’s just a guess. :slight_smile:

Let us know if this gets you going.

I am having the same issue but with windows server 2016. site loads fine but when trying to access the admin page… /lucee/admin/web.cfm or /lucee/admin/server.cfm i get the same error message:
“The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.”
were you able to find out what was causing this?

can you describe your setup? boncode mod_cfml etc?

Lucee version (5.3.4.80)

The BIN folder is in the web root of my site.

The BonCodeAJP13.settings file:
Port: 8019
Server: localhost
MaxConnections: 1000
PacketSize: 65531
LogLevel: 0
LogDir: D:\home\Boncode\logs
FlushThreshold: 0
EnableRemoteAdmin: False
EnableHeaderDataSupport: True
ModCFMLSecret: #secret here…#

mod_cfml-valve_v1.1.11.jar is in the lucee/tomcat/lib folder

The WEB-INF files are relocated outside the web root:
The new location is:

C:\Lucee\web-contexts{web-context-label}\

The Lucee admin for the localhost works fine:
http://127.0.0.1:8888/lucee/admin/server.cfm

However when trying to access the admin for a web context
I get the following error message:

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Most likely causes:
The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.
The URL contains a typographical error.
A custom filter or module, such as URLScan, restricts access to the file.

Things you can try:
Create the content on the Web server.
Review the browser URL.
*Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code and see which module is calling SetStatus. *
For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

Detailed Error Information:
Module IIS Web Core
Notification MapRequestHandler
Handler BonCode-Tomcat-CFM-Handler
Error Code 0x80070002
Physical Path D:\home\websites\mysite.com\htdocs\lucee\admin\web.cfm
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

Doesn’t matter if enableremoteadmin is set to true or false.

Coldfusion 11 is also installed on same server and is locked down as per the Coldfusion 11 Lockdown guide.

Our development server is configured in the same way but it will display the Lucee admin fine for each context.

Could it be a permissions issue?