CFRegistry SET Issue

Setting an empty string value adds “/f” to the registry for a value named “EmPassword”. If that value already exists, the request hangs and eventually times out but doesn’t report the problem – the request time out log shows the timeout but the requesting page shows as “loading”.

If I delete the value before update, there’s no hang, but I’m still left with the “/f” value. I’ve also had similar problems with other named values.

Here’s a program to reproduce the problem.

<cfregistry action="set" branch="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft" entry="EmPassword" type="string" value="" />
<cfregistry name="qryTemp" action="getall" branch="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft" type="string" />

<html>
<head>
	<title>Registry Test</title>
</head>

<body>
	<cfdump var="#variables#" />
</body>
</html>

Any ideas on what’s causing this problem?

Thanks.

For what it’s worth, I noticed a number of zombie reg.exe/cmd.exe processes running under the tomcat.exe service program. Some were still accumulating cycles on the road to nowhere. This “issue” could be due to some obscure Windows problem that was only allowing some updates, but I was never able to find it – the more likely cause is a bad call to reg.exe. Also, a Windows issue doesn’t explain the odd “/f” value being written to the registry.

The workaround for me was to eliminate use.

Can u file a bug in jira?

Added bug report.

could you post the link for everyone else?

Here’s the link:

CFRegistry SET Fails