CFPOP fails to populate cfpop variables with multiparts of Content-Type: message/rfc822 (attachments)

I just came across a bug in cfpop that discards attached contents of message/rfc822. I think it was already there before of 5.3.8.179. It’s just that we changed things to work with cfpop now.Just filed the bug. I was all the day trying to reproduce/isolate the issue, because we don’t generate those emails, Yahoo and MSN generate them. I was only able to reproduce it with a certain email client. I’ve just added a Jira ticket.
CFPOP fails to populate cfpop variables with multiparts of Content-Type: message/rfc822 (attachments)

AFAIK it’s never supported that format, we had to write our own Java solution to this…

Didn’t know that, because message/rfc822 is pretty popular: it’s the recommended format to be used for encapsulating an email message into another, preserving the orignal complete message.

What would also help a lot, would be if cfpop would retrieve the complete raw unhandled message and populate a variable (e.g. rawMessage) with its pure 100% content. That would be just the same content as of an .eml file. Then I could just do the same thing programatically as if I’d read the .eml files from the filesystem (that was what we did before switching to cfpop, but now we changed the MTA, and retrieving via pop3 is just good for interoperabilty).