CFMAIL timing out

A few months ago CFMAIL stopped working for me on most pages in my app, but not some, despite the attributes in each call being almost identical, except for the TO and the SUBJECT. Unsure what could be going on, my buddy Andrew suggested I add the username/password/server attributes to each instance, despite a few of the calls working without the included attributes (it’s set in the admin). That seemed to fix most of them. Didn’t test them all. Now I come to find that a couple of them don’t work, despite them working previously. I’d hate to have to test every instance of CFMAIL in my app to determine which need the included attributes and which don’t.

Looking through the logs, we found this:

“ERROR”,“Thread-9315776”,“09/05/2021”,“00:11:58”,“mail”,"timeout occurred after 30 seconds while sending mail message;timeout occurred after 30 seconds while sending mail message;javax.mail.MessagingException: timeout occurred after 30 seconds while sending mail message at lucee.runtime.net.smtp.SMTPClient._send(SMTPClient.java:844)

“ERROR”,“Thread-9314153”,“09/05/2021”,“00:09:58”,“remote-client”,"failed to execute: RF Error: index.cfm;216.144.210.10 timeout occurred after 30 seconds while sending mail message
javax.mail.MessagingException: timeout occurred after 30 seconds while sending mail message

Any thoughts? Will the new update fix this?

Thanks,
Mik

Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!

Java Version: 11.0.7 (AdoptOpenJDK) 64bit
Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.35
Lucee Version: Lucee 5.3.7.47

Can you provide a code sample of how you are using the cfmail tag? Block out the username and passwords obviously :slight_smile:

@Michael_Muller Can you try to increase the timeout on the mail page will help? http://localhost:8888/lucee/admin/server.cfm?action=services.mail

you can also try increasing the log level for mail, it defaults to ERROR

[bad reply. will get back soon.]