Cfdocument error with lucee 5.2.1.9

I get the following error when trying to create a pdf with cfdocument.

Is there a hotfix for this?

Dale

Message Unresolved constraint in bundle pdf.extension [90]: Unable to resolve 90.0: missing requirement [90.0] osgi.wiring.bundle; (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=flying.saucer.pdf)(bundle-version>=9.0.8.0003L)) [caused by: Unable to resolve 96.0: missing requirement [96.0] osgi.wiring.bundle; (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=lowagie.itext)(bundle-version>=2.1.7.0004L))] Lucee was not able to download the following bundles [flying.saucer.pdf:9.0.8.0003L;] 
Stacktrace The Error Occurred in
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\gh\output.cfm: line 15  

13: 
 14: <cfif form.ext eq "pdf">
15: <cfdocument format="PDF" 
 16: marginTop=".25" marginLeft=".25" marginRight=".25" marginBottom=".25" orientation="#form.layout#" 
 17: pageType="letter">

Was going to point you to the bug tracker issue for this ([LDEV-1300] - Lucee), but I see you already found it :wink:

I also see there you asked where to get it - you can update the PDF extension from the Server Admin under Extensions → Applications. Current version (I have) is 1.0.0.62 (1 version higher than the fixed version).

Looks like you may also have to be at Lucee version 5.2.2.4, which means going to the ‘Snapshots’ update provider instead of ‘Releases’. If you’re on a production server then I don’t suggest doing that though.

On a production server I would probably downgrade Lucee to 5.1.4.19 and leave the PDF extension as-is for now and wait for the next release (which should be coming soon).

Or, you can try the snapshot and if nothing else breaks leave it at that snapshot level until the next release. It’s trickier on a production server, so perhaps fire up a dev server and try those combinations to see which works best first.

If you’re not on a production server, then just upgrade the PDF extesnion and take Lucee up to the latest snapshot level (5.2.2.65-SNAPSHOT as of this writing) and you should be good to go.

HTH

– Denny

Denard,

I appreciate your detailed email. I will try each suggestion.

Thank you.

Dale