Can't create directory C:\inetpub\wwwroot\WEB-INF\lucee

Just spun up a fresh server.
Installed Lucee with the Windows Installer
(downloaded the most recent production-ready edition that had the Windows installer)
Accepted defaults on pretty much everything.
Getting the above error when I surf to the default site.
I see that it’s a permissions thing from this same discussion about a linux platform.
But this is not exactly my wheelhouse.
I haven’t changed any sort of permissions on the new machine.
Administrator is the only user.

Thanks in advance.

ms

Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!

Java Version: ???
Tomcat Version: ???
Lucee Version: ???

Welcome @KludgeMaker,

So you are accessing the default website through IIS. Is Lucee running on port 8888: http://localhost:8888 ?

Lucee runs for security reason with a low priviliged account “LOCAL SERVICE”. Because you can set a webroot location whereever you want on your machine, you will always have to to grant writing access to those folders first.

Check if you your folder C:\inetpub\wwwoot have the user “LOCAL SERVICE” with full read/write permissions on it. If not, add it and give full write/read access to it there. Hope that helps.

So you’re using 5.3.5.92 ? Please always state the exact version, it makes support easier

As there are a few people with this problem, I’ve filed two bugs
[LDEV-2896] - Lucee (this error)
[LDEV-2897] - Lucee (the create directory error needs more information)

1 Like

Mea Culpa, mi amigo.
I’ve done enough support over the years to understand my lack of info on this question.
I had just shut down the AWS instance before I came here, and it was late on a Friday night on a holiday weekend… so I decided to toss it out there, anyway.
I’ll get back in here over the weekend with all the proper version numbers.
Thank You for your time.

2 Likes

Thank You.
I will follow up. But not tonight.
Have a great weekend!

3 Likes

That’s the one!
This could not have been done better.
Is that video series publicly available?

Thank You.

Thanks all for your time.
andreas has it solved for me.
I’m sure I’ll be back.

tx,
km

1 Like

Wanna add that to Lucee docs?

@Zac_Spitzer Didn’t had the time, posted it here for now:
https://lucee.daemonite.io/t/how-to-install-lucee-on-windows-2019-server-iis-video-tutorial/7050

@KludgeMaker This is all very fresh stuff, they are my first videos. I’ve set it up to be public, but still checkking why youtube hasn’t added it to their search index.